There are several symptoms from which you can conclude that you may be dealing wit depression. If the symptoms persist for longer than two weeks in a row, you may say that you are depressed.
- Different: You feel different than you normally are.
- Sleep: You don’t sleep well or just want to sleep.
- Restless and Hunted: You are restless and you feel rushed.
- No interest: You have no interest in others and nice things.
- Fatigue: You are easily tired.
- Energie: Energy: You have little energy.
- Weight loss or gaining weight: You can suddenly lose weight or gain weight without wanting to.
- Despair: Feelings of despair, destructive feelings or thoughts of suicide.
Anxiety disorders as panic disorder, street fear, social phobia, compulsive disorder, worrying disorder, hypochondria or imagined ugliness. They are dis-orders and can be cured!
Fear is an emotion that helps us respond to danger. The body becomes ready to react, which makes te heart beat faster, breathing accelerates, blood pressure rises and the muscles tighten. It is a completely healthy reaction.
But what happens if this healthy fear becomes ‘unhealthy’ and you develop anxiety symptoms or even an anxiety disorder. When you are also afraid when there is no immediate danger? When it starts seriously affecting your quality of life, please seek help. There is no need to let it control your life!
At the moment the corona anxiety can be so great that it takes a different treatment. You cannot as in many cases treat corona anxiety through exposure. The principles of a new treatment are currently used by psychologists all over the world to treat corona anxiety. I is a different method although our body produces the same stress hormones.
- What to do when you are afraid of getting ill yourself
- What if you or someone close is infected or has died
- What if you are afraid to infect others, your love-ones
- What if you are afraid about the enormous consequenties this pandemic may have on your life, your relationship, your work
Trauma - PTSD
In our life drastic things and shocking events can happen that can lead to psychological complaints. A traffic accident, a fire, bankruptcy, the death of someone, sexual abuse, violence. The consequences of trauma or psychotrauma can generally be treated well. A trauma arises when the event is not processed properly.
Trauma often isolates a person because their environment does not know how to deal with it. we see that when they get better, everything gets better!
Stress actually means nothing more than tension or pressure and is not necessarily unhealthy. A little healthy tension ensures that you react extra alert and are concentrated. If you’re stressed for too long, too often, or too much, your body won’t have enough time to recover in between. Then there is the unhealthy stress that causes all kinds of symptoms. You live under high voltage and you increasingly live in a survival mode. All your cells go into survival mode and there is no more energy left to function properly, let alone recover and explore new paths in your life. If this goes on for a long time, it is dangerous and you get all kinds of physical and psychological symptoms, symptoms in behaviour and thinking.