Occasionally you throw your willpower into battle and you start to stop or cut down on alcohol. That seems to go quite well in the beginning and you are proud of yourself, but before you know, you are at your old level or often drink even more than before.
Alcohol addiction is heavily underestimated and is an increasingly global problem. Alcohol consumption among young people is increasing strongly and how could it be otherwise, we have been taught from an early age that it is pleasant to drink. That it calms you down and that it reduces stress.
We all have them, friends with whom it is so nice to drink. Have you ever thought that if you didn’t drink together, you would still be friends? What would you do together if you both didn’t drink alcohol? Those friends are also often the first ones to tell you that it is nonsense to stop because you have no problem at all.
Your spouse, your other friends, colleagues and family who say they have become ‘victims’ of your alcohol consumption. You almost feel like a criminal because of the way they accuse you of excessive drinking and lies. You not only ruined your own life, but also theirs.
They try everything to make you stop or decrease. They mean well, but it is of no use to you whatsoever.
- Threats with rehab
- You go under if you don’t stop
- It is not good for your health
- You will lose your job if you continue like this
- Your relationship will end
- Do you realize that you risk everything?
- I’ll leave you if you don’t stop
Your Life, Your Happiness!
It is important that you yourself are finally ready to do something about it. You have already taken the first step by ending up on this page, the next is to pick up the phone or send an email. Enough is enough! You also have the right to wake up in the morning without regret because you have drunk (too much) again.
Stopping or cutting back can be easier than you think
No expensive Rehabilitation Clinic, but where ever you like toe be in the world, at home or working or during a vacation alone or with whoever you choose to be with.
There a many ways to regain control over your alcohol intake or stop drinking, different ways for different people and there is a way also for you!
- The Sinclair Methode – Using the drug Naltrexone / Nalmefene and a special schedule (Goal is to gain control over your drinking habits and to determine whether you continue to drink and occasionally drink a glass or stop completely)
- The Allen Carr Methode – While reading the book ‘STOPPING ALCOHOL’ by Allen Carr you’ll gain more insight into alcohol addiction and develop a natural aversion to alcohol (Goal is to stop drinking)
- General Practitioner – With the help of your general practitioner, medicines that make you sick when you drink and your own strength (Goal is to stop drinking)
- Coach & Counselor – With the help of a coach / counselor and your own strength and commitment (Goal is to control your drinking habits or stop drinking)
- AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) – With help from fellow alcoholics and belief in your self and a higher power (Goal is to stop drinking)
I mainly work with The Sinclair Method because we achieve such a large success rate(78%), but I can also guide and advise in other methods.
Free APrA Meetings
Please visit APrA Alcohol Problem Algarve and look at the various methods and possibilities. Every Wednesday free Q & A Meeting at ‘The Spot’ in Tavira. Nothing to serious, we have a good laugh because there is nothing wrong with you!